An Exciting & Gentle Experience for You & Baby in Morgan Hill
Understanding the prenatal ultrasound process ensures a pleasant experience.
When you know how an elective scan works, you’re able to relax and take in every image on the ultrasound machine.
At California Prenatal Imaging, we offer elective imaging, meaning we are here to strengthen the bond with your baby and not provide pictures for medical purposes.
We recognize that much of pregnancy feels medical and impersonal and strive to provide a different, more personal service.
When clients enter the office, they are given a 2-sided client profile to fill out while we set up their session.
During the scan our experienced technicians make every effort to capture the best images possible of your baby, please note the required water intake staring 5 days prior.
Every step in our process has been crafted with quality service and client experience in mind.
A few easy tips to get the most out of your session!
Getting ready for the big day is more than just making your appointment. Even though we have the best equipment available, including our top-of-the-line GE Voluson 730, you will need to prepare for the session. Ultrasound machines rely on amniotic fluid for acquiring photos.
• Starting 3-5 days before your appointment, drink 4 liters of water daily to ensure clearer amniotic fluid and sharper pictures of your baby. There are many pregnancy elements that are unable to be controlled, but the water intake is one thing you can do to give great potential in obtaining amazing photos.
• Dress in comfortable two-piece clothing to make it easier to lift your shirt for the scan.
(Eat 1 hour prior to your ultrasound session. If mother to be is hungry, so is little one. Bring something cold to drink as we may need assistance to get your little one in position. As we are non-medical, we are limited on how much pressure we apply to your little one.)
We strive to provide a peaceful appointment, including:
• Welcoming waiting areas and friendly reception staff
• Spacious room with seating for 3 guests over the age of 12. please make arrangements for children under 12.
• Comfortable, padded exam tables
• Ultrasound transmission lotion that doesn’t harm skin or stain clothing and is warmed
• Top-rated ultrasound machine equipment and large HD television screen
From the moment you check in, to the moment you have the lotion and probe gently placed on your tummy, our excellent staff is here to take care of you.